Cucumber-Fennel Salad with Creamy Meyer Lemon Dressing


So this is new, isn't it? Even the title of this post seems a little different! I mean, I've only ever "cooked" things for this blog with exorbitant amounts of sugar or refined grains before! And I don't blame you if you're thinking "where is the old, sweet toothed and simple Corin, and can we get her back with all our sugar, please?"

Now never fear, I still eat pasta and cookies like they are going out of style. Like any adult though, (ha, I'm not an adult) I have been trying some new things too ! I got involved with an amazing organization at A&M that grows their own produce right on campus and practices some legit sustainability, including using rain barrels and having their own, off-the-grid, completely solar powered building made from reclaimed wood! Needless to say, I am very very impressed, and being a part of this organization is awakening my middle-school-self, who wore World Wildlife Fund t-shirts at least once a week and pestered her family endlessly about recycling. (To find out more about this organization, known as Howdy Farm, click here.)

Anyway, I wrote a tasty recipe over on their blog using fresh (literally picked right in front of me) produce and Greek yogurt! I even incorporated fennel, which I had never seen prior to a week ago! (For the record, it tastes mildly like licorice. I don't like licorice, but somehow I love this vegetable/herb.) It's a citrusy and sweet cucumber salad, and pretty fabulous if I do say so myself.


Fennel and Cucumber Salad with Meyer Lemon


Ingredients:
3-6 seedless snacking cucumbers (depending on size)
Juice and zest from 1 Meyer lemon
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbs milk
1 tsp sugar
2 tbs chopped fennel leaves
1 thinly sliced fennel stalk (optional)
Salt

For the rest of the recipe, check out the Howdy Farm blog!

Have you ever bought or grown your own fresh produce? What did you make with it?!

Stay lovely,



2 comments:

  1. Hey Corin! I've never had fennel, but this recipe looks delicious. I may have to try it out sometime! I always enjoy going to farmer's markets to get local fresh foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't farmers markets so lovely?! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you give this recipe a try!
      --Corin

      Delete