Monday in Wonderland: Savor the Good

Left click to download

Gooooood morning! I can’t believe I’m actually posting this before noon! That hasn’t happened in months! (Sorry for my laziness on that account by the way.)

This fine and sunny morn I am sitting in my pj’s under a super fuzzy blanket, enjoying a relaxing morning before I begin a day of crafting and blog post drafting! (Yeah, so I am basically Dr. Seuss now.) And after that concludes, classes resume again tomorrow and I head into semester two!

So with all that in mind, I thought it would be good to spend some time this morning taking in some final moments of a fantastic winter break and this lovely 3-day weekend before the college craziness ensues once again! My lazy side is totally bummed to have to do work again, but all good things must come to an end! Especially when those good things aren’t actually good for your physical or mental health... (Thanks, Netflix.)

That said, heading into this semester I want to take more deliberately relaxing moments in my days. To savor a well-lit morning and drink some tea or something! To take the time, even if it’s only 30 minutes, to actually cook a meal in the evenings. And no, microwave chicken nuggets and PB&J don’t count. Maybe even to open a book again, just for a chapter or two every evening, and sit down to read something. I need to indulge in my favorite ways to unwind just a little more, the idea being that I am doing something productive that also makes me happy. Sitting in front in the telly or exploring the realms of Pinterest is great for study breaks and the like, but often times I feel like it is delaying the stress rather than alleviating it. Instead, I need to aim for intentional rest and purposeful brain breaks in which I can think about the good little things in my life. Because there are so, so many of them. (Ok, and maybe just watch 1 episode of The Flash a day?)

Savoring the good could be anything for you—a book, a meal, a chat with a friend, or even an all-day shopping trip if that is your style! Whatever it is though, you and I should invest a little more time in those things. I’m planning to give it a try and I’ll let you know how it turns out!


Stay lovely,

PS: If you need a moment to savor today, here’s another post definitely worth reading, especially for young “adults” such as myself! (Adults—ha!) Finding good articles for you babes should totally be added to my purposeful relaxation. I really dig other people’s beautiful thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment