Eat Me: Cake Mix Cookies

College is quickly getting into full swing for me and I’ll admit, it’s a little insane. In fact, I have my first tests of the semester next week (three of them to be exact) so naturally I’ve been procrastinating a little. My method of procrastinating is a little different than most people’s though…

I have this tendency to “procrastibake,” meaning I make all the baked goods instead of studying! Lucky for my GPA though, I hit the gold mine back in high school with this one very simple, very versatile recipe that doesn’t hinder my studying for hours, but still yields a yummy snack: cake mix cookies!

I love this recipe because it is very inexpensive, you only need 4 ingredients, you’re done in 30 minutes flat, and your flavor possibilities are essentially endless. You can use cake mix as wide ranging as red velvet or mango (yes they make that), and add anything from candy bars or chocolate chips to gummies to mix it up! And I promise, they are delicious.

Cake Mix Cookies
Makes 2-3 dozen

You will need:
1 box cake mix
2 eggs
Canola oil
1/2-3/4 cup of some crazy mix-in

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the cake mix and eggs and stir. Then, add your canola oil until the dough reaches a good consistency (usually 1/2-2/3 cup, but it depends on the cake mix). You should add just enough oil that that all powder gets incorporated into the dough.

At this point you can cut down your mix in to approximately chocolate chip size and add it in! I usually go with approximately 3/4 cup but it just depends on what you want your cookies to be like.

And finally, plop your dough onto the cookie sheet in rounded tablespoons. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until browning around the edges. 


Congratulations! You have now cut down your procrastibaking to only 30 minutes and have some delicious snacks to eat when you actually do get to studying. As I said, you can use essentially any flavor combo you want and they are super cute to customize in color and taste for holidays. (I even made these in 5 different colors for my Disney’s Up themed graduation party!) Just be aware that the cookies do brown a little while baking, which will alter the external color.

The batches pictured are watermelon cake mix with Sour Patch watermelon candies, and your classic white cake mix with chocolate chips of 2 sizes. It seems whatever wild stuff I put in there though, these cookies always come out delicious!



So go crazy and go make some cookies. And then let me know about the cookies you made! (Because there's obviously some more procrastinating that needs to be attended to.)

Stay lovely (and hungry),


No comments:

Post a Comment