Eat Me: Strawberry Cake Mix Panckes


I am a big supporter of breakfast for dinner. I mean, weekday mornings  I barely get up in time for a bowl of cereal, but for some reason I have no problem wasting an extra 30 minutes in the evening on food! (Gee, I wonder why? Couldn’t be more procrastibaking right?) So when I have the time, it’s pancake time. More particularly, cake mix pancake time!

I’m all for an easy recipe and this is certainly one of those! It does take a little while because of cooking the individual pancakes, but the recipe could be halved or you could cook them on a griddle instead of a skillet! (If you have one—#firstworldproblems, I know.) Now whether this is easier than plain ol’ pancake mix is debatable, but it certainly satisfies my incorrigible sweet tooth more. And because it’s cake mix, it opens up a lot of flavor possibilities! We made strawberry this go round but spice cake might just be perfect for fall. Hmm, I don’t need to study tonight, right…?



Cake Mix Pancakes (slightly adapted from Tastes of Lizzy T)
Makes 2-3 dozen

You will need:
1 box cake mix
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup oil
1 cup chocolate chips or some nonsense (In case the sugar we already added was not enough!)

Mix all ingredients. Heat a skillet to medium-low (it depends on the stovetop, mine likes to burn things..) and spray with cooking oil. Pour batter for one pancake into skillet using a 1/4 measuring cup, and flip when the edges begin to solidify. Serve fancily (if that’s how you roll).



We layered our strawberry pancakes with strawberry preserves and topped with sugared strawberries.  It was so. good. (All the sugar and strawberry flavor, right!?) You can make the strawberry topping by lightly sprinkling sugar on thinly sliced berries (I use an egg slicer) and letting sit in the fridge overnight!

These particular pancakes didn’t have anything mixed in, but we’ve made lemon cake ones with white chocolate chips before, and they were pretty on point as well. Like the cake mix cookies, you do you and enjoy eating them!

Anyone else feeling breakfast for dinner tonight?

Stay lovely,

No comments:

Post a Comment